22 July 2012

Half 'n' Half

After wanting them for aaaages, I finally bought some silver studs from the Born Pretty Store.  This is my first time using them and I looooove them! 

I started off with two coats of Barry M Mint Green.  Then using a striping brush I painted half of each nail with Barry M Teal.




Once this had dried, I placed the studs on one at a time by dotting some clear polish onto my nail with a small paintbrush, then picking up and pressing the stud into the polish with a toothpick which I made sticky by dipping in clear polish. 




I topped it all off with a coat of Essie Good To Go. 




My top coat ended up a tad bubbly around some of the studs, I think because I put quite a thick coat on to seal everything in.  I'll probably try a couple of thin coats next time. 

As well as these silver studs, I got some gold studs and square gold studs and I'm so looking forward to using them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment